Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Calling all you angels

Last week I was driving to Roanoke to the store. It was raining very hard. The water was running down Route 24 in sheets. Going around 60 to 65 miles per hour, I hit a wall of water and began to hydroplane. At 60 mph my truck spun 360 degrees 3 full turns. With my truck spinning so fast I had to hold onto the steering wheel to stay in my seat, I had a few thoughts. I am not wearing my seatbelt, was first. Thank god there are no cars near enough for me to hit, was second. Is this it? Was my last thought as the truck spun to a halt. Well, the truck stopped spinning and left me facing the other way. I swung it around and went on my way. I missed hitting the curb that would have flipped my truck. There was no one else on my side of the road at that time even though it was nearing rush hour traffic. Not one bit of damage to my truck.

Ok so someone was watching out for me. Id like to think it was coincidence, but I felt so calm afterwards, crying and shaking but oddly calm. My body was reacting to something my mind wasnt stressing.


"You stumbled in and bumped your head, if not for me then you'd be dead"

No comments: